[Libreoffice-qa] Crash screencasts

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 04:24:07 PDT 2012

hi bfo,

On 25/06/12 23:57, bfo wrote:
> Hi.
> Very interesting screencasts available at air mozilla:
> The Life Cycle of a Firefox Crash https://air.mozilla.org/crash-life-cycl/
> Mozilla CrashKill Investigation and Analysis
> https://air.mozilla.org/crashkill/

that is a very interesting video, i'd *love* to have something like this
Mozilla crash database/web UI running for LO as well (the Sun Hamburg
internal crash report web UI was a complete joke in comparison).

> Hope LibreOffice own crash reporter will be enabled soon...

yes, that would be great; but it requires somebody to put in the work to
set this up on some server.

also, the crash reporter in the LO codebase will probably need to be
adapted to write the format that the Mozilla thing can understand, but
that should be doable very quickly i hope.

until that happens we'll have to make do with Linux distribution tools
like ABRT which naturally don't work on upstream Mac/Windows builds.