[Libreoffice-qa] Bug with dBase-data

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Jul 5 06:13:30 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 02:17:01PM +0200, Bodo Rittershofer wrote:

> I am working with Windows 7/64. Every time I try to open dBase-data
> LibreOffice (latest version) LO stops working and doesn’t react any more.
> Working with the same dBase Data in Open Office is no problem. Please fix
> that bug, I would like to return to LO.

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties with LibreOffice
Base. Could you please

 - file this as a bug on https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/
   so that it can be properly tracked

 - attach to the bug an example file with which you experience the
   problem

 - Indicate explicitly with which version you try ("latest" could be
   any of 3.5.4, 3.5.5.rc3, 3.4.6, 3.6.0.beta3, ...)

 - Which version of OpenOffice works for you (does not have this bug)

 - If you used a previous version of LibreOffice where it worked OK,
   which version that was.

 - give click-for-click reproductions introductions (what to do to see
   the bug)

 - Put me in CC in the bug

With this information, I might be able to take a shot at solving this.

Best Regards,

--
Lionel