[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 09:14:44 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 04:50:28PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> * cppunit / build issues (Stephan/Moggi/Michael)
> 	+ indifferent about --disable-xmlsec
> 		+ only intended for iOS / Android currently, should
> 		  not be used on Linux.
> 		+ configure should check & fail if this option is
> 		  set for non iOS / Android

We use --disable-xmlsec for mingw builds too (it most probably means
libxmlsec does not cross-compile with mingw ATM; I do not remember).

> * MSI cross-compilation from Linux (Tibby)
> 	+ been merged to master
> 	+ java enabled / compilation issues
> 	+ help with build process / location of uuidgen
> 	  using undocumented parameters etc.

What is the exact problem here? Note that the uuidgen binary from
util-linux is not the one to use. There is another one (at least in
Fedora) called uuid (from package uuid), that seems to be
command-line-option-compatible with the Windows' uuidgen.exe . There is
even a check for it in configure, but it only issues warning if it is
not found (if we are going to always generate the MSI, it should be
changed to error).

D.