[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice Website Bug Hunting Session

Olivier Hallot [via Document Foundation Mail Archive] ml-node+s969070n3996593h8 at n3.nabble.com
Fri Jul 20 03:32:35 PDT 2012

Hi Jean

I actually would like to understand better the scope of the session. For
example, I am one of the pt-BR admins and I think the whole Silverstripe
template should be trashed and replaced with a more effective template.
But I am no webmaster nor silverstripe template and graphical designer
expert. I just want a welcome portal where I can post news related to
LibreOffice and OSS, and have shortcuts to get to the most important
pages for the Brazilians. A 3 columns drupal/joomla standard template
comes to my mind, with better use of the screen real state as a starting
point, but it is just a guess.

Today our pt-br portal has *zero* sex-appeal and is just boring, we had
to improvise navigation buttons to at least make the visitor click a
second time in our pages.

regards

Olivier

Em 13-07-2012 06:20, Jean Spiteri escreveu:
> /This is the full information about the session, it should also be posted on
> http://blog.team-one.tk soon. /
>
> Firstly, this session will run as a Google Plus event. In fact, you register
> for it by going to this URL:  http://bit.ly/NFDMx1 http://bit.ly/NFDMx1
> (you need to upgrade to Google Plus first). I'm still waiting for a reply on
> whether we can activate the chat or not. In case, the answer will be
> negative, we will track progress through the G+ event page. Apart from
> hunting bugs, we will also look for possible improvements and also try to
> replicate bugs which have been already reported. This session will focus on
> the LO website, wiki, TDF website, and other websites related to LibreOffice
> and The Document Foundation. Bugs will be reported through the Bug
> Assistant, in order to try and replicate a bunch of bugs related to it.
> Then, the bugs will be added to the
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/wiki/Website/Tasks Website/Tasks wiki
> page . Apart from that, we're also inviting admins to fix bugs during the
> session (that makes it a bug hunting *and fixing* session).  It will be held
> Friday the 20th of this month and will last around 2 hours (approx.) from
> 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM. All times are in Central European Time. Please if you
> have G+, check out the event and mark it as going so that we will know how
> much people will attend. Last thing, non-LO WWW team persons are welcome to.
>
> --

- --
Olivier Hallot
+55-21-8822-8812