[Libreoffice-qa] Gerrit auto-merge

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jun 4 02:57:20 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 08:02:43AM +0200, David Tardon wrote:
> Do I see the beginning of some "CWS" process here?

BTW, the main trouble with the CWS process was that it required the changes to
completely resolve some random bug description (aka. what some non-developer
dreamed up to be his pet solution), plus the broken QA processes. That should
never be the criteria for inclusion of a commit. Nor should it be "would I do
it different?". The only question to ask would be: "Is is better than what we
have right now?".

Questions regarding the "bigger picture" should not be discussed on one
specific commit. They belong on the mailing list/ESC. If gerrit helps us detect
conflicting development early, that is a Good Thing(tm): Its better to align
efforts early rather that late (when two conflicting efforts are already half
done, and one has to be thrown away/redone).

Best,

Bjoern