[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Version Picker items – 2

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Tue Jun 5 21:49:15 PDT 2012

June 6, 2012

Hello,

We branched 3.6 and have a new Master, I have to hurry up a little with
my action to revise the Bugzilla version picker contents due to
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talk:BugReport_Details>. Please
excuse me for being late with this.

First Steps

I just created a new Version 3.7.0alpha0+ Master, and since the fix for
"Bug 49622 – Increase column width for Version in query results "The
version now will be shown correctly in queries.

I created Bug 50755, please add comments there quickly if you see that
new Versions in Picker cause trouble

Further Proceeding

I will prepare a mass change of all Versions today, don’t worry, there
will be no mass e-mails for the bugs.

When I will start with the modifications, Function of the "Bug
submission Assistant" will be partially broken for a while. I will
contact Thorsten Behrens to find a solution to modify Assistant ASAP.

I am planning to do most modifications today (2012-06-06) in the afternoon.

Possible Problems

There might (will!) be some Problems:

  1.   Bug Submission Assistant will be broken temporarily
  2.   External queries with Version relation will not work any longer
       and will have to be modified. Most saved queries should be
       adapted automatically, but I did not test that. Version entries
       in field "Custom search" will have to be adapted manually."
  3.   We will see what happens when someone reports a bug just when I
       am modifying a Version

Comments, hints, discussion please in
<libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org>

Best regards