[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Version Picker items – 2

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Fri Jun 8 06:53:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 03:45:11PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 17:25 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > Just as an hint. Ubuntu/Debian would use something like:
> >
> >  3.6.0~alpha1
> >  3.6.0~alpha1+daily20120606
> >  3.6.0~beta1
> >  3.6.0.1
>
> I really like it. I would like to use it in the future for git tags and
> source tarballs.
>
> The problem might be the tilda '~'. It is substituted to $HOME in linux
> shell. I am not sure about other special meaning in some programing
> languages or so.

Well, a 3.6.0~alpha1 would appear as 3.6.0alpha1 in about with a underlined ;-)
Unless you escape it somewhere. (bdtd, but it's so minor that I ignored it
whenever I uploaded something like that)

> Before we change it, we need to make sure that we do not break other
> distributors. So, I have added the developer mailing list and several
> distro packagers into CC.

I am OK with it as long it's only the internal number and nothing else changed.
The above is what we do for public versions anyway (except in the last case
where we'd use 3.6.0 and leave the 3.6.0.x as a internal thing. Noone in the public
knows that anyway - the press/website etc. also just talk about 3.6.0)

Regards,

Rene