[Libreoffice-qa] Cleaning bug list

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 09:42:22 PDT 2012

On 08/06/12 18:33, Joel Madero wrote:
> I just realized that there is no CONFIRMED, I think this would be a
> helpful classification but if it can't/won't be added then I still feel
> like we should differentiate confirmed from non confirmed in some manner.

this state does exist, it is called "NEW".

though funnily if you click on the help you get to this page, which
documents non-existing CONFIRMED and IN_PROGRESS states:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html#status

> I just think Devs
> shouldn't be wasting their time going through UNCONFIRMED bugs that more
> probable than not either a. require more info or b. has already been
> solved or c. isn't a bug to begin with.

this developer fully agrees.

also it would be helpful if QA people check for the confirmed/NEW bugs
whether they are regressions by comparing with previous LO releases and
e.g. OOo 3.3 and 3.4beta, and set "regression" keyword appropriately.