[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Version Picker items – 2

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Thu Jun 14 02:10:46 PDT 2012

Petr Mladek schrieb:

> [...]

Hi Petr,

this Idea should not exclude additional information, of course we should
include tha "Alpha" and "Beta" Text. But I wanted to have all
information in the Version number to avoid problems with different sort
handling (you saw the strange Bugzilla sorting).

I think we should not use different separators, you never know whether
some system (Wiki, OpenHatch, Whatever) might have it's own ideas what
alphabetical sort order might be.

Complete Version concerning this suggestion would be:

Help / About            Bugzilla Picker
3.6.0.000alpha0+        3.6.0.000alpha0+
3.6.0.001alpha1         3.6.0.001alpha1
3.6.0.002alpha2         3.6.0.002alpha2
3.6.0.010beta1          3.6.0.010beta1
3.6.0.020beta2          3.6.0.020beta2
3.6.0.030beta3          3.6.0.030beta3
3.6.0.100               3.6.0.100 rc
3.6.0.200               3.6.0.200 rc
3.6.0.200               3.6.0.200 release

Advantage of that system is that it is only an expansion of the existing
one (RC1 3.6.0.1 becomes 3.6.0.100)

Alternative System, not compatible with current one

Help / About            Bugzilla Picker         Info
3.6.0.00alpha0+         3.6.0.00alpha0+
3.6.0.01alpha1          3.6.0.01alpha1
3.6.0.02alpha2          3.6.0.02alpha2
3.6.0.11beta1           3.6.0.11beta1
3.6.0.12beta2           3.6.0.12beta2
3.6.0.13beta3           3.6.0.130beta3
3.6.0.21                3.6.0.21                rc
3.6.0.22                3.6.0.22                rc
3.6.0.22                3.6.0.22                release
3.6.1.21                3.6.1.21                rc

Unfortunately I see no way to shorten this more than "Alternative
System" shoes, except we accept M. Stahl's suggestion what counts a
3.7.0 as some kind of beta ;-)

For the Bugzilla Picers I only want 1 Master for 3.6, one for 3.7, ...
Also for the Branch I only want 1 Picker Version, may be

3.6.0.000alpha0+ Master
or
3.6.0.001alpha1+ Daily (Or Branch or ...)

A remaining problem is Markus' script adding Target info. Before
3.6.0aloha it it contained information due to
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details#Whiteboard>.

Currently the Idea is to include alpha, beta rc as separate target info
versions, goal is to encourage testers to verify fixes and to give them
better info where the fix will be integrated. IMHO we should reduce
different wordings for the Versions as much as possible, but that
strings are rather long.

Can we try to get a solution until weekend?

Best regards

Rainer