[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Version Picker items – 2

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Jun 15 05:21:20 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 14:01 +0200, Florian Reisinger wrote:
> Am 15.06.2012 13:27, schrieb Petr Mladek:
> > Hi Florian,
> >
> > On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 10:07 +0200, Florian Reisinger wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I am not sure anyone has seen my  suggestion:
> >>
> >> Alpha 1: 3.6.0a1
> >> Beta 1: 3.6.0b1
> >> RC 1: 3.6.0r0
> >> RC 2: 3.6.0r1
> > Ah, this does not work because we could not mention "r" (same as "rc")
> > in the about dialog. We do not want to rebuild/upload new build just to
> > remove this string for the final release.
>
> Why does this not work. To be honest: We never publish RC 1, but what we
> do is publishing the RC 2, which would be r1....

This is not true. For example, we released LO-3.3.3-rc1 or 3.3.4-rc1 as
final. Also sometimes needed more release candidates, for example,
LO-3.4.1-rc3 or 3.4.2-rc3.

Also I am sorry but I do not understand your logic. "r" is shortcut for
"release candidate". As I said, we did not want this in the about dialog
because users were confused. IMHO, it does not matter what number we use
behind (0,1,2,...). It still means release candidate.

Or did I miss anything?

Best Regards,
Petr