[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of the libreoffice qa call 2012-06-14

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jun 20 05:53:11 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 02:10:27PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> why is it necessary to have distribution specific builds for testing?

AFAIK Kendy want to get rid of "universal builds" anyway.

> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?type=rpm-x86_64&lang=en-US&version=3.6.0
>
> is there a lack of documentation of how to install this locally without
> system integration for testing purposes?  if so, please tell me where to
> add documentation :)

No, what would be nice though would be dedicated calls for testing through your
distros information channels telling people that this is the canonical way to
do beta testing for LibreOffice on your distro. Doing a PPA release for me
generates a lot of small articles like:

 http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/libreoffice-360-beta-1-released-ubuntu.html

calling for testing. Having that from Fedora too would be nice.

Best,

Bjoern