[Libreoffice-qa] Win7 - message: "LibreOffice 3.5 does not work anymore" - update

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 2 14:24:23 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 22:42 +0100, Luc Castermans wrote:
> Related to my previous post:

	Ho hum.

> - I installed 3.4.5, ran as Administrator
> - now Libo starts, but reported JRE was missing
> - I installed JRE
>
> Now I re-installed 3.5 rc1 and everthing is fine now.

	Hmm.

> Appears to me, the message  "LibreOffice 3.5 does not work anymore"
> actually means that JRE is not installed. If that is correct, we hav
> to change it,

	That is bad - 3.5.1 (but not 3.5.0) turns off a warning about missing
JRE's during extension help indexing on first-ever-start.

	Beyond that, I'm not aware of what's going on there.

	Did you remove your JRE after doing an install ? [ even that should not
really cause such a warning ].

	Did you file a bug ? we'd want some steps to reproduce this too, and
we'd want to make it a '3.5 most annoying' bug I think too.

	Thanks,

		Michael.