[Libreoffice-qa] Make use of your karma - feel free to retag/edit posts (Fwd: Q&A forum feedback)

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:50:12 PST 2012

Hi Pedro, *,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christian, all
>
> You seem to be managing the askbot site too personally.

Not sure what you mean with this. If it is implying that I'm the
über-admin who decides on everything, then no - I'm not the one.

> Have it your way.

Yes, I believe in the karma system, and thus I don't want to change it.

> So if I want to have a copy of a suggestion or bug report about askbot, I
> should email to the website mailing list???
> (don't bother to answer, I'm done with this topic)

My point is: If the request is valid (i.e. not spam), then you will
get a reply no matter what.
Where's the point in having a copy of the request you sent?
It neither proves that the mail reached any of the admins, nor does it
prove anything else.
If you need it for your "records", then the feedback form might not be
the most suitable way to provide the feedback.

So if you don't receive any response, a copy of your request means
absolutely nothing. All your (and other people's) reuqests have been
answered promptly (that you didn't receive a a copy of the answer is
personal failure, but has nothing to do with the question whether you
need a mail of the original request). Having the original request
won't help at all. If you don't get a reply, you need to resend or
otherwise notice the admins anyway.
As in this example where I forgot to add your address to the list of
recepients or with the first request where another admin made a typo
in your address)

ciao
Christian