[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Mar 6 17:45:13 PST 2012

Hi all,

I would like to set up a LibreOffice QA call to streamline our QA efforts. I
propose to make our first call on:

 Friday, 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

I hope to repeat this call biweekly to discuss and coordinate ongoing QA
issues, it would be great to have QA-contributors for the topics below able to
join this call.

prototype agenda for the first call:
structured manual testing:
 - oneshot populating Ubuntu checkbox for LibreOffice 3.5? (Nicholas Skaggs)
 - syncing checkbox from litmus for LibreOffice 3.6 (Yifan Jiang)
upstream bugwrangling:
 - >1000 NEEDINFO bugs, what can we do about it? (Rainer Bielefeld, Cor Nouws)
 - general bug stats (Rainer Bielefeld)
 - submarine bugs (aka important bugs that stay undiscovered too long) (Cor Nouws)
distro bugwrangling:
 - upstreaming criteria/customs
   (Christopher M. Penalver, Petr Mladek, Caolan NcNamara, Rene Engelhard, Jan Holesovsky)
community testing, communication:
 - how do we recruit more QA-interested contributors? (Cor Nouws, Sophie Gaultier)
 - can we have QA-related EasyHacks? Can we explicitly promote those? (all)
regression testing/bibisect:
 - how do we broaden the bibisect know-how (Korrawit Pruegsanusak, Bjoern Michaelsen)
 - currently 27/27 bibisected bugs are older than the bibisect-range:
   - do we maybe need a bibisect for 3.4?
   - might indicate trouble during the bigmerge
 - bibisect bugzilla etiquette
unittests/automated testing: (Markus Mohrhard)
 - overview of what we have
 - can we get non-developers into this, is there a way for non-C++ coders to
   get involved?

Although I know not everyone proposed might be able to join the call, I would
be happy if you try. If there are additional issues needing to be discussed,
please reply to this mail with your addition. I will post the phone conference
numbers later.

Best,

Bjoern