[Libreoffice-qa] use Build ID to find the related latest commit of a build

Korrawit Pruegsanusak detective.conan.1412 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:02:41 PDT 2012

Hello Cor,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 21:33, Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl> wrote:
> Until recent (.. ?) I could paste the buidl ID from Hlep > About in my
> browser and it then showed the corresponding latest commit
>   http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id= ...
>
> Does not work with the Build ID from a daily build from today
>   Build ID: 39b3448-4a2109f-e67b1bf-fb5e6f3-638d9c

I still can open this:
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=39b3448

or when in git repository, use:
  $ git show 39b3448   # to show the commit, or
  $ git rev-parse 39b3448   # to find full commit id to use as a query

Yeah, but there is a possibility to have a hash collision anyway ...
(ie, the repetition of the hash, IIRC)

Hope this helps :-)
Best Regards,
--