[Libreoffice-qa] Regressions in Open Source projects ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 16 03:51:43 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 21:22 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > Actually I was talking about SUSE LibreOffice for Windows (which is
> > apparently a one-off unsupported release created for the Intel AppUp
> > store) :)

	Nah - SUSE will be maintaining that with our stable release. Though of
course it doesn't come with enterprise support, and problem temporary
fix builds and so on :-)

	It is certainly true that it is currently 3.4.2 based but that should
be updated to something 3.4.5/6 based soonish as we pull up our
customers to that [ though this version is only a base - the build will
include a number of additional back-ports, other misc. fixes, different
compile options etc. ]. To understand SUSE LibreOffice vs. vanilla
LibreOffice the best analogy is something like the SUSE / RedHat
'Enterprise' linux kernels - these become increasingly less vanilla from
release time out with tons of back-ported bits.

	Wrt. our plans for a SUSE / 3.5 based release, those are not public
that I know of; but should happen in due course. The team is even now
working hard to chew through regressions, and check that every L3
customer bug we've fixed in the past does not regress in our 3.5.x base
- that of course results in lots of fixes & improvements going into the
libreoffice-3-5 branch I hope.

	All the best,

		Michael.