[Libreoffice-qa] [​A​N​N​]​ ​M​o​z​t​r​a​p​ ​e​v​a​l​u​a​t​i​o​n​ ​o​n​l​i​n​e​ - roles and permissions

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Tue May 22 19:53:52 PDT 2012

Hi Nino,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 07:38:21PM +0200, Nino wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Could you please grant me a test creator role, I want to try out
> entering test cases.

Of course, done! If no special reasons, please add the cases to "Version 0",
it will automatically apply to later versions of the case if "And Later
Versions" checkbox is checked on. The creator only allows an increased
operation of the test base, but do not worry about messing up things when you
try to play them :)

> BTW: Do we have a higher level test plan or test strategy? Which
> e.g. states what has to be tested for which purpose / in which
> situation? I'm wondering if/how some kind of mapping could be
> achieved between a requirement/use case/spec, a (or several) program
> function(s), and a set of corresponding test cases.

Great question! It is about how we organize the testing. The full strategy and
planning is evolving and I don't think we have a definite tone here :) Though
we have some tenative thoughts.

The current plan, from Litmus experience, is to have a stable test case base,
which we put into different "test suites". Test suites are allowed to include
to a "test run". And the test run is what a tester usually see from the Run
Tests view.

At the moment, the test suites are divided into different priorities (P1, P2,
P3, P4), accordingly we can create test runs based on the priority:

    - For Full Regression Test of a major version is to include all priority
    of cases to a test run.

    - For Regression Test of a bug fix minor version is to include high (P1
    and P2) priority of cases to a test run.

Those were what we did in Litmus era. The good thing of Moztrap is the test
suite and case management is more clear and flexible, we can always create
special test suites on demand, including a particular set of test cases. Then
we can create a particular test run from those test suites.

BTW, you will need to setup a local moztrap instance, or to be a "Manager"
permission to play with all of these management stuff :)

--
  Yifan Jiang
  Libreoffice / SuSE