[Libreoffice-qa] ToDos rename 3.7 to 4.0

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Nov 12 02:59:47 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-11-11 at 11:17 -0800, V Stuart Foote wrote:
> And in the initial wiki table you included an item:

	Someone did - I have no idea where that came from.

> So just why is the project moving to a 4.0 build now?

	There are a lot of reasons - we need to articulate those clearly and
publicly, that much is obvious; I've provided a few positive pointers
there now. On the other hand I am personally dead busy until the
feature-freeze - so I (for one) won't be spending the last, v. precious
three weeks writing marketing blurb for something that launches in early
Feb ;-)

> Assuming that we will make the effort to implement

	I've addressed this.

> I've added an item to the 3.7 - 4.0 QA matrix to "verify
> consistent a11y support".

	What is developed, committed and ready by feature freeze is what we
will ship in 4.0. Post feature-freeze we will primarily be focusing on
bug fixing to get a good quality release. We do a time based release,
not a feature-based one so adding requested features to the wiki is not
a way to get a feature into a given release (sorry) though I share and
appreciate your eagerness for this feature :-)

	I addressed the other aspects of the IAcc2 issues on the developers
list in response to your mail. It is a -very- sad situation there
(still) after all these years, lets hope it improves soon.

	All the best,

		Michael.