[Libreoffice-qa] ToDos rename 3.7 to 4.0

Roman Eisele qalists at eikota.de
Tue Nov 13 10:01:29 PST 2012

Am 13.11.12 12:42, schrieb Olivier Hallot:
> Hi
> Did we address the change in users profile?
> $HOME/.libreoffice/3/user/
> Thanks
> Olivier

Hi Olivier -- a good idea to check this! Yes, the latest master build
for Mac OS X correctly creates the user profile folder at

   ~/Library/Application Support/LOdev/4/user/
                                       ^
which should map to $HOME/.libreoffice/4/user/ or so on Linux ... So
this should be OK.

But there is a problem: at least on a quick check, I get the impression
that LOdev does NOT migrate any settings from the /LOdev/3/user to the
/LOdev/4/user/ profile -- not even the general settings, like my user
name, or the selected JRE appear in /LOdev/4/user/ profile. It seems
that the new (4) user profile is created from scratch, without
attempting to copy any data from the old (3) user profile folder.

Maybe I should report this as a bug?!

Best regards,

	Roman