[Libreoffice-qa] ToDos rename 3.7 to 4.0

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Nov 14 08:06:16 PST 2012

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol píše v St 14. 11. 2012 v 14:46 +0100:
> Am 14.11.2012 13:31, schrieb Petr Mladek:
> > Roman Eisele píše v Út 13. 11. 2012 v 19:01 +0100:
> >>
> >> Hi Olivier -- a good idea to check this! Yes, the latest master build
> >> for Mac OS X correctly creates the user profile folder at
> >>
> >>     ~/Library/Application Support/LOdev/4/user/
> >>                                         ^
> >> which should map to $HOME/.libreoffice/4/user/ or so on Linux ... So
> >> this should be OK.
> >>
> >> But there is a problem: at least on a quick check, I get the impression
> >> that LOdev does NOT migrate any settings from the /LOdev/3/user to the
> >> /LOdev/4/user/ profile -- not even the general settings, like my user
> >> name, or the selected JRE appear in /LOdev/4/user/ profile. It seems
> >> that the new (4) user profile is created from scratch, without
> >> attempting to copy any data from the old (3) user profile folder.
> >
> > Ah, the XDG_CONFIG_HOME migration fights back once again. It tries to
> > migrate ~/.libreoffice/3 but not the new ~/.config/libreoffice/3 on
> > Linux. It seems that it somehow affects MAC as well. I am looking at it.

This should get fixed by
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c82b6096efb856220b8d1dafd9ba3e1f167e2d89

I am able to migrate all the following directories now:
	~/.config/libreoffice/3
        ~/.libreoffice/3
        ~/.openoffice.org/3

> > BTW: It should work on Windows out of box.
>
> I don't think so:
> Version 4.0.0.0.alpha0+ (Build ID: a2b3ee):
> master~2012-11-13_06.07.28_LibO-Dev_4.0.0.0.alpha0_Win_x86_install_en-US
>
> WIN7HP64bit
>
> There aren't any of my user-defined wordbooks nor user datas in the
> options (name, surname).

Hmm, the supported migration paths are configured in registry, see the
"Migration" section at
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu#771

I see only the release versions there. It seems that migration from
"Dev" builds has never been supported. I guess that Dev builds could
inherit configuration from a release build but not from the older Dev
builds.

The best solution would be to produce build-specific registry entry. I
am not sure how to do it easily.

Anyway, the migration should work in the official Alpha, Beta, RC
builds.

Best Regards,
Petr