[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 ALPHA1 test builds available

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Nov 23 13:29:01 PST 2012

Hi Pedro,

On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 15:19 -0800, Pedro wrote:
> (Actually I would rather report bugs here than in the user-unfriendly
> Bugzilla...)

	:-)

> BTW The Letter and Fax Wizards don't work in Alpha 1 under Windows XP using
> Java 1.7.0_09 (i'm not saying it's a Java version problem because I didn't
> test with other Java versions :) )

	I assume this is a component registration version - we removed the Java
versions of the Fax and Letter wizards with the built-in python versions
that Xisco is working on.

	Possibly there is some component / registration issue that we need to
solve around activating them. On the dev list we have an interesting difference
/ activation problem with Python 3.3 - hopefully fixing that will nail this issue.
Having said that it's great that you're testing these - since they should look and
behave ~identically but be all new code - so more testing there is much appreciated.

	Thanks !

		Michael.