[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

bfo bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Thu Nov 29 11:43:18 PST 2012

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> * QA update (Joel)
> [...]	+ triage backlog has grown
> 		+ QA team meeting / ideas for fixing that

Hi!
Please consider refocusing. Just look at NEW backlog:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/reports.cgi?product=LibreOffice&datasets=NEW.
It is >3500 NEW bugs.
ready to take over (for me unassigned bug is a "take me" candidate). Table
by component: http://tinyurl.com/LO-NEWbyComponent.
I think triage backlog is not a problem anymore. If we add hundreds more NEW
bugs - will it change anything? Improve quality of a product? I see serious
bugs mismanagement here.  The better solution would be to prioritize those
existing NEW bugs and show developers which should be fixed first. I am not
aware that such actions are taking place/are planned anytime soon.
Best regards.
P.S.
Increasing NEW stats are discouraging for any potential serious triage
volunteers.