[Libreoffice-qa] bibisect fro windows

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Oct 1 14:58:36 PDT 2012

Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Norbert Thiebaud schrieb:
> >Using W2008R2_20-With-Symbol-Bytemark-Hosting I've been building a
> >bibisect repo for windows. I've collected 66 version so far. the repo
> >is 436MB
>
> It would be great if someone with more experience than me would try
> Norbert's repository. Do we have a user who knows Linux + Win and
> already did some bibisecting, so that he can assist interested WIN
> users?

We played with that at the QA weekend, and personally I'd say it is
_very_ useful. Especially since the portability of the Linux
bibisects is rather limited.

Two things to note:

 * having 'speaking' names for the first and last version, like
   'latest' and 'oldest' like for the ubuntu ones, would be nice.
   The commit sha1s are sort of unwieldy.
 * it needs windows testers able to operate git over command line. A
   nice step-by-step guide or even screencast would be mandatory I
   think. As a client, I'd recommend http://git-scm.com/download/win

For the final repo, depending on the final sizes, it would be lovely
to have some exponential backoff for older versions. If 3.4 and 3.3
builds are too much of a hassle, could we then please simply add all
our canned binaries from
http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/ ?

(I can provide you with old betas & RCs on request)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten