[Libreoffice-qa] [TRIAGE] Weekly Update

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:02:31 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Terrence Enger <tenger at iseries-guru.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 08:12 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
> >
> > Confirming most bugs takes no more than 3-5 minutes.
> >

> I must be doing something very wrong then.  Sigh!

Nah, some can take way longer ;) I appreciate that you're tackling these
ones that require a lot more work :)

> Just over a week ago I tried to confirm fdo#37641 "By using Rowset I
> get not full result"[1], and I have worked myself into a
> state--hopefilly a temporary state--of discouragement.  Along the way,
> I have filed two new bugs[2,3].  (The last of these clearly needs more
> information, but I have no idea about how to collect that info.
> Big sigh.)  This is not good for the stats; I have to struggle to
> maintain my belief that it is good for the project.

 Stats are just stats, the end goal is to make users happy and make the
whole process more efficient, I think what you're doing is good :) If you
know that it needs more info but you're not sure how to get that info, just
throw it in the comment of the bug so people know where the bug stands.

> >    Date Number of Unconfirmed Bugs > 30 Days Old Average Length of Days
> > Since Opened Average Length of time Since Last Change Median Length of
> Days
> > Since Opened Median Length of time Since Last Change  4/9/2012 893 100
> 64 87
> > 52  10/9/2012 845 103 65 86 50  17/9/2012 847 102 62 81 44  24/9/2012 890
> > 110 66 82 46  3/10/2012 909 113 66 81 48
> >

> Hmm, that looks funny in the text version of your message.  Here is
> what I take from it ...
>
>     Date     Number of Unconfirmed Bugs > 30 Days Old
>                  Average Length of Days Since Opened
>                      Average Length of time Since Last Change
>                         Median Length of Days Since Opened
>                            Median Length of time Since Last Change
>     4/9/2012 893 100 64 87 52
>    10/9/2012 845 103 65 86 50
>    17/9/2012 847 102 62 81 44
>    24/9/2012 890 110 66 82 46
>    3/10/2012 909 113 66 81 48

 I'll make a cleaner version next week, that was a direct copy/paste from a
spreadsheet. Basically, unconfirmed bugs older than 30 days are up to 909
(almost a hundred more than a month ago). This isn't good at all and we
need to keep looking for more people to help.

Regards,
Joel