[Libreoffice-qa] Hard Hacks Wiki

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Oct 4 02:23:17 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 11:41 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> I've created a hard hacks wiki where we can keep track of proposed
> hard hacks and then have an easy to go to list to discuss during our
> conference calls. Here is the link:

	Sounds good to me :-)

> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HardHacks

	It might be nice to have a list of fixed hard-hacks at the end too - at
least we can move things to that section as/when they're completed
rather than killing them.

	The current tracking there is like this, it'd be great to get that into
the wiki :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.

	Fixed Hard Hacks:
      ID      OS      Component - Summary
      47283   All     Writer      undo / change-tracking related crash
		+ unclear the connection between undo steps and change-tracking (Michael S)
      44278   All     Writer/odt   FILESAVE .docx (MSO2007) as .odt creates duplicated picture
		+ remove temporary image from document (Cedric)
		+ needs 3.6 back port ?

	Hard Hacks:
      ID      OS      Component - Summary
      51023   All     Impress      drag-and-drop slide always moves slide to first position,
                                   leading to data corruption and sometimes CRASH
      46100   All     Calc        crash after deleting a sheet
		+ great work from bfoman generating traces (on Windows!)
		+ could be undo / size related (Kohei)
      37580   All     Impress     Undo / layout bug wrt. slide with formulae
		+ another undo issue, may be related; fix 34585 first.

	Older Hard Hacks:
      ID      OS      Component - Summary
      34548   All     Presentation - EDITING: CRASH in action after Undo
		+ prototype hack-around from Michael M awaiting feedback (Thorsten)
		+ the problem looks hideous.
      33302   Mac     Libreoffice - FILEOPEN/EDITING RTL text: parentheses and
                       brackets "(...) [...]" inverted to ")...( ]...["
                       with some fonts
		+ Mac volunteers appreciated.