[Libreoffice-qa] [proposal] [QA-WE Essen 2012] Bug submission API - How to improve the current system

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Oct 4 02:33:02 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 21:19 +0200, Nino Novak wrote:
> > To cut it short, we came to the conclusion, that a Bug
>> Submission API (BS-API) would be very helpful.
>
> Could you elaborate a little the "why?"?

	Heh - it sounds like a nice way to report bugs to me. Of course, it
also sounds like it would need a built-in bug reporting assistant inside
LibreOffice - which would be quite some coding work.

> (Apart from the skepticism above, I'm very much in favour of making bug
> reporting easy, of course.)

	Yep :-) IMHO we have still quite a long way to go to improve the web
bugzilla assistant that can capture a lot of this goodness. In
particular, I'd love to have questions about whether it worked in old
versions in there - so we can auto-generate the "regression" keyword;
internationalise that better, add more details on binary chopping down
documents, and so on. And the biggest blocker there is openID
integration of course - we should poke Tollef about progress there.

	So - in general, I'd love to improve what we have there - though the
web doesn't provide the ideal interface for easily building beautiful
bug reports IMHO ;-) eg. the useful screenshotting functionality is
rather tough there AFAIK.

	ATB,

		Michael.