[Libreoffice-qa] fdo#33302 Hard Hack + proposed change to process

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Oct 8 02:44:34 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 10:23 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> I'm cleaning up and adding fixed hard hacks to the wiki

	Great - I re-ordered the page to put the big bug query at the bottom;
added some more moderate comment on the 3.5 MAB list - and added the
list of fixed hardhacks with credits - to show what we've been up to.

> and this mac one is annoying me :) I think we should have a policy
> that if the hard hack isn't accepted by a developer within 1 month, we
> should move it either a) back to proposed or b) to a new category of
> "need a volunteer, currently pending" or some other such status.

	Makes some sense.

>  I think the idea of hard hacks should be fast paced, where users can
> expect if the bug is on the list, it's going to get fixed. Otherwise
> it has the potential of sitting on the list for much too long and just
> cluttering an otherwise really stream lined process.

	Heh - for sure; we currently need some love on impress - quite possibly
the several undo bugs there are actually related.

	It might be worth having a "lapsed hard-hacks" section; if no-one picks
it up after a couple of weeks, we should perhaps put them there - I
guess.

	ATB,

		Michael.