[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap OpenID support - go for testing!

Yi Fan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Thu Oct 11 06:20:37 PDT 2012

Hi Terry,

Thanks for trying out!

Yes you are right, it is probably caused by the id provided.
AFAIK, the OpenID does not typically use email address as and identifier,
though it has not define a restricted way to how an id should look like :)

Are you sure your mail provider is an openid provider as well? In that case
you may checkout help from the service provider. (I didn't search out
relevant information  yet..)

In addition, the OpenID is distributed everywhere and you can get more
description here:

http://openid.net/get-an-openid/

It actually spent me some time to understand how they exactly work. But I think to
use it, just keep in mind your email address is usually NOT your OpenID, instead
the provider often used a uniform way( a url either with or without "username")
to define an OpenID like what you quoted :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 03:43 -0600, Yi Fan Jiang wrote:
> Hey people,
>
> I have brought OpenID to Moztrap this week, the following is the test
page for login:

> http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/openid/login/
>
> Login example:
>
>   Google user:       https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id
>   Yahoo user:         https://me.yahoo.com
>   Wordpress user: $your_username.wordpress.com

My attempt to login as lo_id at iseries-guru.com failed with message

    OpenID discovery error: HTTP Response status from identity URL
    host is not 200. Got status 401

Does this mean I have mistyped my id?  I have never used it before;
the forum login page only offers icons for a finite set of id
providers.

Terry.