[Libreoffice-qa] issues with saving as pptx and with smart art ??

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Wed Oct 31 07:42:00 PDT 2012

Hi Cor, all,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 03:16:51PM +0100, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:
> > I read an article here (in Dutch) about 3.6.1
> > It reads:
> >   saving as docx results in SmartArt being removed
>
> The release notes mention that only import is implemented. Miklos might
> know more.

SmartArt is imported as normal DrawingLayer shapes, so export should
more or less work. For docx, shapes are exported in VML (i.e. not
DrawingML and not SmartArt), but that should not cause a visual
difference.

> It would be great to get the test document to be sure that it fixes the
> problem as well.

Indeed, if there is a freedesktop bugreport about smartart docx export
with a test document, I can have a look at it.

Miklos