[Libreoffice-qa] Shift 3.7.0 or 3.7.X releases - was: ANNOUNCE: Release plan updated - two weeks between RCs

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Sep 6 08:32:34 PDT 2012

Petr Mladek píše v Po 03. 09. 2012 v 18:41 +0200:

> > > 4. Do 3.7.0-RCs every week (use the original schedule). There is not
> > >    enough time for feedback => demotivating for QA.
>
> After all, this is still good solution. We released, 3.5 and 3.6 this
> way and it somehow worked. The .0 release is always hectic and we get
> many fixes every week, so the two weeks delay between rc2 and rc3 would
> be too long.

After all we used something close to this. The schedule is:

	+ Week 2:  3.7.0-rc1
        + Week 3:
        + Week 4:  3.7.0-rc2
        + Week 5:  3.7.0-rc3
        + Week 6:  3.7.0-release
        + Week 7:
        + Week 8:  3.7.1-rc1
        + Week 9:  3.7.1-rc2
        + Week 10: 3.7.1-release
        + Week 11: 3.7.2-rc1
        + Week 12:
        + Week 13: 3.7.2-rc2
        + Week 14: 3.7.2-release
        + Week 15: 3.7.3-rc1
        + Week 16:
        + Week 17: 3.7.4-rc2
        + Week 18: 3.7.4-release

By other words, I moved 3.7.0-rc3 and 3.7.1.rc1 and created space
between them. It is not ideal but we will do it better in the future
releases.

See also https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan

Best Regards,
Petr