[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.6.2 RC1 test builds available

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 08:54:37 PDT 2012

Hi all

Why is "GNOME integration" selected by default on the Windows installer?
Should it even show on the Windows installer?

I'm sad that Jan was "forced" to unfix bug 49919 based on absurd arguments
such as

"#2 We have reason to believe that some people don't like using/don't use
the
start menu and thus don't see the LibreOffice icon
#3 Almost any Windows software puts icons on the desktop (which is not much
of
a reason itself, but might help explain #2)"

This is absolutely NOT true. Please quote which Office suite does that?
Certainly not MS Office...

In any case the install options are saved somewhere (I ALWAYS use custom
install and my options are remembered on each update, as expected) EXCEPT
for the desktop icon which I ALWAYS have to uncheck

Regards,
Pedro