[Libreoffice-qa] Ask for help, on discrepancy about a enhancement request in bugzilla.

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Sat Sep 22 08:16:46 PDT 2012

Hi,

Le 22/09/2012 16:46, Markus Mohrhard a écrit :
> [...]
> In 3-7 this dialog will be once again a ref-input dialog which means
> weeks or months to implement the most simple stuff that is not yet
> supported by the dialog.
Sorry I do not understand what you mean by "ref-input dialog".
> Even if it would be easily possible I still
> think that it is never a good idea to manipulate anything when you are
> calling a modal dialog. Furthermore as I tried to explain in the bug
> report it is a good thing that the dialog shows the relative reference
> from the current position but I explained it already in the bug
> report.
And what happen if the end-user does not understand that and modifies
the formula in the edit subdialog ?

In your test document the current cell being C13, the edit subdialog
shows a formula which speak about D14. You will be lucky if the user
remember which was selected when he opened this menu.
When the end-user will see that he will understand that his CF has been
destroyed in some way and he will "correct" it in _this_ dialog.
When he will return in the menu Format > Conditional Formatting, he will
see something else again. In your test case the formula becomes
ISNUMBER(B#REF!) and is still working! Now the end user has destroyed
himself his data.

Best regards.
JBF