[Libreoffice-qa] [Moztrap] Some questions to the test cases, particularly #130

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Apr 3 10:26:05 PDT 2013

Hello Yifan, *,
On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 02:12:32PM +0800, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> > >     In English // steps
> > >
> > >         Launch LibreOffice main program (vp. 1)
> > >         Click on the "File" menu (vp. 2 vp. 3)
> > >
> > >     In English // expected result
> > >
> > >         1. The welcome window should be appeared
> >
> > That is a different point, I nearly forgot ... :( IIRC the welcome
> > window only appears, when no LO was installed before, or am I wrong
> > ;? Thanks for your answer (and forwarding this mail to the dev ML as
> > well Thomas.  <Rest snipped>
>
> Did you mean "splash screen", which is I usually called, with loading
> progress bar during launching LO? It disappears after LO loaded.

no. You have written above
<quote>
1. The welcome window should be appeared
</quote>
and on this I have written my comment ... ;)

> The welcome window in test case means the first screen shown
> immediately after launching `libreoffice` without components (writer,
> calc, base etc.)  opened.

That is called "StartCenter" (Startcenter?), IIRC ... ;)

> The screenshot explains it :)

I see only the StartCenter on it, not the "welcome window" ... :( IIRC
was the welcome window the first window (if you have never installed LO
before ... ;) ), where you could configure your name and the like ...
You can find it at
http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html for example,
when you search for "welcome w" or in an older setup guide for OOo
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=%22welcome%20window%22&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openoffice.org%2Fdocumentation%2Fsetup_guide2%2F2.x%2Fen%2FSETUP_GUIDE_A4.pdf&ei=GmNcUcWrF9SN4gSiiQE&usg=AFQjCNG1M-7J_xn3LclC0sle5Saa51aBjw&bvm=bv.44697112,d.bGE
... Sorry for this long link, but I have found the link with the search
on OOo's website ... :( And attention: It is an PDF file ... ;) ).
Have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
Why not? -- What? -- Why not? -- Why should I not send it? -- Why should I
not dispatch it? -- Why not? -- Strange! I don't know why I shouldn't --