[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-website] Ask: How can we interoperate with QA and Bugzilla?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 06:18:55 PDT 2013

Hi qubit (do you prefer Robinson?) and joel

jmadero wrote
>> Together, I think that we can improve both the Ask site and QA, and
>> make the LibreOffice support system a less scary and more responsive
>> experience for our users.
>
> I completely agree with this - perhaps some basic tutorials are in
> demand, walkthroughs of how to use FDO and how to use Ask properly.
> Maybe documentation can help us there,  else we can tackle it ourselves.

I agree that both Ask and QA need more people and need to be more user
friendly. In addition I think there are questions beings asked and answered
(in short duplicated) because there are too many channels (mail, forum, ask)
but too little people. I don't have any idea how to improve this...

IMO if we need documentation/wiki/instructions then the tool is wrong. It
needs to be intuitive and user friendly (Ask could easily be more user
friendly, bugzilla is a nightmare).

Following the logic of a famous scientist "If you can't explain it simply,
you don't understand it well enough" (Albert Einstein), I would say that "If
you need to explain it, then it's not simple enough" :)

Just my 2 cents ;)