[Libreoffice-qa] Question : FILEOPEN bug vs 'filters and storage' bug

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Thu Apr 18 04:19:12 PDT 2013

Adam Fyne schrieb:

> What is the difference between bugs posted under 'Writer' section with the keyword 'FILEOPEN',

Hi Adam,

although the answer might not be really satisfying: Components starting
with a lowercase [1] are for developers wrangling deep in the guts of
LibO, we normal users normally don't have the skills to follow
discussion there. But they are not unused [2]. Sometimes developers
submit such bugs to track the activities in a particular code area,
sometimes a "normal" FILESAVE Bug mutates because developers see some
deeper relations they want to proceed.

Resume (very similar to Michael's): That's for the core developers,
don't care about these Components, there are good reasons why they do
not appear in the Bug Submission Assistant.

But I see a problem, [2] shows a lot of bugs where the "filters and
storage" Component only is worrying, I believe any UNCONFIRMED Bug there
[3] is suspicious. If users select one of these Components they only
prevent other users from checking and confirming. I will take that on my
review-todo list.

Best regards

Rainer

Hyperlinks
[1]
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details#filters_and_storage>

[2]
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&component=filters%20and%20storage&product=LibreOffice&list_id=287789>

[3]
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=287812&o1=regexp&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&component=contrib&component=filters%20and%20storage&component=framework&component=sdk&product=LibreOffice>