[Libreoffice-qa] Purposes for the Integer field types in LibO 4.0.2

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 12:45:27 PDT 2013

Hello Robert,
      Thanks for the quick reply. You were right: I had a MySQL database
when opened a table in Design View to see what the Field Types were in
LO 4.0.2.2. I found MEDIUMINT when I searched my user guide for MySQL.
It listed the lengths for these field types in terms of Bytes instead of
bits. (I understand the meaning of both.) Once I saw what you had
written, I understood how each of these lengths were written: 1 bit for
the + or -, and the rest of the bits contain the number.
      I also have a copy of the HSQLDB 1.8 user guide on my hard drive
and have seen this table there also.

--Dan