[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Conference Call 2013-04-19 - Agenda & Minutes

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:09:10 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Sophie Gautier
<gautier.sophie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Concerning this item
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Meetings/2013/April_19#PENDING_ITEM:_Documentation_for_Localized_French_BSA
>
> please consider that we (FR group) are acting as a community and not as
> individuals, so instead of adding Charles (who is already overwhelmed
> with his TDF activities and not interested in FR QA) add the FR QA list
> as a primary contact. You can write in English there and anybody in the
> team will react with the emergency your team needs.

Would it be possible for a couple of the FR QA Team members to come
say hi on IRC or the mailing list?  I believe that running an NLP BSA
will take some dedication and consistency over time, and I think it
could help for us to have a bit more of a repor in place between our
teams.

> Concerning this process
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BSA/Localization
> it seems a bit bureaucratic to me. Our team is dealing with bugs
> reported from our users list, forums or even directly by organization
> like MIMO for years now.

Cool! Is your process documented somewhere on the wiki? It would be
good to know how different NLP teams are addressing QA locally so that
perhaps we can coordinate our efforts and standardize our structures
as appropriate.

> We won't report each submissions as soon as
> it's reported via BSA if we consider it's not a bug or if it's a
> duplicate or if we don't have enough information.

Ah, interesting. Do you guys keep track of these submissions using
separate software, or just via threads on the mailing list?

Regarding duplicates, I think that it can be helpful to have that
information shared in the bug tracker, at least for helping us keep
track of bug frequency...but Joel, Rainer, and other more experienced
FDO wranglers may have a different opinion on the usefulness of such
information :-)

> May be before writing such a page we should wait to have the process in
> place already for one team, then see what are the usage/culture of the
> new team coming to participate and write a general policy from there.

I don't think that any of these things are set in stone -- we're all
very open to changing the ideas and policies as we see how things turn
out in practice. My impetus for creating some docs about management of
the BSAs was to try to reduce the workload on the QA Team and avoid an
issue where we might be stuck with an active NLP BSA and nobody on the
NLP team willing to take care of it.

In any case, a number of us are excited to get the FR BSA up and
running as soon as possible. It would be great if you could

1) Document on the wiki how the FR QA Team
  a) deals with bug submissions right now
  b) would like to deal with BSA submissions

2) Let us know what we can do to get the FR BSA running

Thanks,
--R