[Libreoffice-qa] New text for NEEDINFO Changes

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Apr 22 11:15:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 01:57:32PM -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Kieran Peckett <crazyskeggy at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It has been 180 days (6 months) since we asked you for more information
> > about this bug. We will be waiting for information a further 30 days (1
> > month) before closing this bug.
> >
> > For more information, go to: [link goes here]
>
> The shorter the message, the more likely people are to read it :-)

OTOH most of these bug have been idling a long time and the reporter will get
it via email (you have to assume he is not one of us checking bz daily).

A very short and strict message might thus be easily taken as offense ("first
you do nothing for 6 months and then you threaten to close this with one casual
sentence") -- I like the cautious wording by Joel, personally -- it helps
someone who is not a daily contributor(*) to get some context and makes clear its
nothing personal or done out of disrespect.

Again: You have to think of the message as an email, not as a bugzilla comment,
because thats how the receiver sees it.

Best,

Bjoern

(*) if he were, his bug wouldnt be struck in NEEDINFO for 6 month ;)