[Libreoffice-qa] After EOL has been reached...

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Apr 23 04:30:38 PDT 2013

Robinson Tryon píše v Pá 19. 04. 2013 v 17:21 -0400:
> Per discussion at the meeting today, we generally agreed to the following:
>
> AGREED: For users inquiring about tech support after the EOL date of a
> release, we politely indicate that the release is EOL and ask them to
> upgrade to a new version (or go talk to their vendor/distro/paid tech
> support)
>
> AGREED: We de-list versions in Bugzilla 6 months after the release has
> been EOLed
>

> Petr, Rainer (and others) -- What do you think about these timeframes?

6 months sounds fine to me for most of the bugfix releases.

Well, I would suggest to leave either the last bugfix release or some
generic version, e.g. 3.5, 3.4, 3.3 longer time. We want to keep the
version flag on the oldest affected version. It might be handy to have
the old version to correctly mark the old bugs that were not reported in
time.

I mentioned in some older mail that people still use old version even 1
year after the release.

The generic version 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 might be better because it will be
clear that it means the code line and not a precise version.

Best Regards,
Petr