[Libreoffice-qa] After EOL has been reached...

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:26:33 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:56:21AM -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
>> This kind of scenario is one of the reasons I was interested in
>> implementing my "Repro Table". The current version drop-down is both
>> too long and not granular enough to visually indicate the NOREPRO in
>> 3.6.2 rc1 and the REPRO in 3.6.2 release. The Repro Table could
>> display that information very clearly, but I am digressing a bit :-)
>
> But we dont really need a table, but only the first version the bug reproduces
> (and possibly the last version that does not reproduce it), right?

For most cases, yes, we would just need 2 versions (and notes on each
OS used for repro), but... there are special cases :-)

1. Platform-specific bugs

If a bug is platform-specific, then the table can help to show that.
It could also show the case (which many agree would be very rare) of a
bug that might affect just Mac/Linux and not Windows.

2. Fixed and then reappearing

Joel made a note that some bugs might be fixed and then reappear in a
later build. He was specifically talking about issues when
bibisecting, but it could just as easily appear in testing with other
builds.

--R