[Libreoffice-qa] Base: Properties in Fields of a Form chaotically "sorted"

Mas tier3support at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 13:41:33 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mas <tier3support at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Robert Großkopf <
> robert at familiegrosskopf.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mas,
>> >>

>> > I viewed your attachment again .  The screen shot was presented in
>> > English and if you notice under the general tab. The list goes from
>> > A-Z -- alignment being the first and background color being next.
>> > This is called alphabetical order from A-Z
>> >
>> >  I checked under releases 4.1.03 and 4.1.04 Window and Linux. They are
>> > setup the same way.
>> >

>> > see attached from my version , We can possibly file this under a feature
>> > request instead of a bug
>>
>> Your attachment doesn't show the whole field-properties of a form in
>> base I presented. I'm not interested into a long discussion and writing
>> down all the properties here. But I have written the part you have
>> attached:
>>
>> 1       Alignment
>> 2       Background color
>> 3       Border
>> 4       Border color
>> 5       Default text
>> 6       Password character
>> 7       Visible
>> 8       Enabled
>> 9       Font
>> 10      Height
>> 11      Help Text
>> 12      Hide selection
>> 13      Label Field
>> 14      Text lines end with
>> 15      Max. text length
>>
>> That is the order of your screenshot. I put it into Calc and let it
>> order in alphabethical form:
>>
>> 1       Alignment
>> 2       Background color
>> 3       Border
>> 4       Border color
>> 5       Default text
>> 8       Enabled
>> 9       Font
>> 10      Height
>> 11      Help Text
>> 12      Hide selection
>> 13      Label Field
>> 15      Max. text length
>> 6       Password character
>> 14      Text lines end with
>> 7       Visible
>>
>> That is the alphabethical order of Calc. The first five fields are
>> ordered alphabethical. So please don't close a bug with the argument the
>> order is alphabetical, if it isn't. Say it is chaotically and I love
>> chaotically LO - and if many people of this list will aggree it might be
>> OK (for alle the people, who loves chaos, not for people, who will work
>> with software). Then I wouldn't open the bug again and will leave this
>> projekt.
>> Alphabetical order isn't an argument. The changing of the order by
>> groups (Anchor together with Height and Width and Positionx and
>> PositionY for example) to no order is a regression in usability. I think
>> nobody has changed this behavior from LO 4.0 to LO 4.1 with this
>> intention. There has been changed something at another point and nobody
>> noticed, that this would change the usability of the editing of
> [...]

The issue has been patch under the bug ..  please review the bug report and
report back if you continue to have a problem

Bug notes:

Stephan Bergmann committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-4-1":
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b23a866a93e42467ef42c2d46735e1ffcf6f1c78&h=libreoffice-4-1

fdo#67430 Keep original order of entry positions, not alphabetically sorted

It will be available in LibreOffice 4.1.1.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available
athttp://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours.
More
information about daily builds can be found
at:http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.

--
----
Mas