[Libreoffice-qa] get rid of the "(see in summary)" version field

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 06:37:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
> I think it's useless both on freedesktop and BSA.
> few users use that and most of the time they use inappropriately (I cleaned
> up some reports with "see in summary" tag but no version indicated in the
> summary).
> I think it should be removed from the dropdown menu,

I believe that version might have been used in a few cases:
- Impress Remote
- Other non-core LO software
- Version didn't exist in the picker
- something else (??)

I agree that this version might be causing more trouble than it's
worth. I think that some of the problem cases would be dealt with
if/when we migrate to our own Bugzilla and can add appropriate version
#s for non-core LO software. But I'd be willing to consider a
shorter-term fix as well... :-)

--R