[Libreoffice-qa] Inherited from OOo Version

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 14:32:33 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Just did the following:

Changed 3.3.0 Beta2 to "Inherited from OOo" as this is almost certainly
the case (Brilliant idea from Florian) - then I added a new version
3.3.0 Beta2 which is empty. This means that the bugs that were reported
way early in our transition are now listed as inherited from OOo, comes
to 483 bugs. Use this liberally if you are relatively sure that the bug
predates LibreOffice. Ideally bibisect will go all the way back at some
point so that if it's "pre bibisect" that indicates "inherited from OOo"
-- this requires a substantial amount of time from others so for now
pre-bibisect simply means 3.5beta0. This is good because of a couple
reasons:

1. Accuracy of our "version" field
2. Letting users know "don't blame us" -- ;) this is half in jest, but
in all honesty, bugs that came before the fork should not be deemed
"LibreOffice" bugs, they should be deemed "OOo bugs" which hopefully at
some point we nail down.
3. Helps us gauge importance

@Robinson - was one of my action items so it can be removed :)

Best,