[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Integration of Impress remote control - Versions

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Wed Feb 13 04:58:00 PST 2013

Marc Paré wrote:

> So, to me, from a user's point of view, I would expect to see the
> Impress remote in the "Presentation" component. It would be the
> natural place for me to seek. I don't believe that it would be any
> more advantageous to put the Impress remote as a top component.

Hi everyone,

I think that's a matter of dev. intensity for the Impress remote
control. If we have some huge intensity for few weeks, and then only
some smaller bugfixes from time to time, that might be the appropriate
solution; most problems will be some communication issues between remote
control and Impress.

But If there will be a continuous further development with lots of
enhancements and whatever at the Android side, the Impress RC would be a
"foreign body" in the Impress Component, and we would need a different
solution.

Can someone invite Impress RC developers to add some ideas? I haven't a
clue who those might be.

Best regards

Rainer