[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:30:13 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 16:16 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:
>> >     + "Do not submit" ->
>> >             "I would prefer this not to be committed in this state."
>>
>> While the rewording for -1 is fine with me and in general also better
>> describes why a -1 is given, I'm not satisfied with the "-2 Do not
>
>         I think we changed -2 to "do not merge" instead after some private
> discussion with Norbert :-) I think the consensus is that we shouldn't
> be using -2 unless there is something drastically wrong.

For the record:

Although -1 'description' has been toned down, it is _still_ the
preferred and recommended way to express that a patch should not be
push as is.

-2 is essentially a veto on the 'idea' of the patch. -1 get reset when
a new version of a patch is uploaded, whereas -2 are 'sticky'.

Norbert