[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-documentation] De-geeking BugReport on Wiki

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 12:44:26 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi :)
> wrt coloured backgrounds a pale yellow often helps some people with
> dyslexia.  So, i kinda like the simplicity of green for users, amber for
> more technical pages or internal pages such as minutes of meetings and then
> perhaps white writing on red for devs but i think it could easily get really
> bad visually.

Fair enough. I was largely suggesting the background color to make it
easy for beginners to determine what content was written at their
level. Using some kind of header image or big icon in the sidebar
could work similarly.

> Actually i like Sophie's point about the Documentation Team being
> responsible for wiki's in the documentation section and other teams being in
> charge of their's.  If we did go that route then everything aimed at normal
> users could be in the documentation section, preferably as sub-sub-sub-pages
> off the Published page.
> Unfortunately that would mean moving a lot of pages.

Hmm... are you suggesting that the Documentation Team would handle all
of the pages for beginners? Providing a consistent tone and authoring
style across all of the beginner pages could be beneficial, but could
give them a lot more work, especially in terms of keeping the beginner
docs up to date with information from upstream teams.

--R