[Libreoffice-qa] MySQL Native Connector for 32 bit LibreOffice on Ubuntu 12.04

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 02:38:08 PST 2013

On 21/02/13 04:21, Dan Lewis wrote:
>       These were the ones that autogen.sh had to have before it stopped
> with an error message at line 201: libgnomevfs2-common,
> libgnomevfs2-bin, libgnomevfs2-0, libgnomevfs2-dev, libgnomevfs2-extra,
> libgnomevfs2-0-dbg.

this is unrelated but possibly you'd have an easier time with the
--enable-gio option.

>       Since then, I have installed the MySQL Native Connector that I had
> downloaded from AOO a couple of months ago. I did this to both LO
> 3.6.5.2 and 4.0.0.3. I have a Base file which I use to connect to my
> MySQL server using the native connector. Now I can access MySQL using
> this file with both 3.6.5.2 and 4.0.0.3.
>       So the reason for this email including the QA people is that I
> would like a simple test done by someone with a 32 bit Debian system and
> MySQL server. Please install the AOO MySQL native connector. Also
> install these two files: libmysqlclient18 and libmysqlcppconn5. With
> these installed, can you connect to MySQL? If so, part of our problem is
> solved.

according to these pages:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/precise/ure
http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/precise/libstlport4.6ldbl

if you have installed the distro LibreOffice package you will have the
file /usr/lib/libstlport_gcc.so.4.6 installed, which is what the binary
MySQL connector needs, and which is no longer included in LibreOffice
4.0 upstream releases (and likely will be removed from Linux distros in
the future, since nobody other than LibreOffice needs it).