[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice 4.0.1 RC1 - QA special requests ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Feb 21 06:30:04 PST 2013

Hi guys,

> The list of fixed bugs relative to 4.0.0 release is here:
>
>  http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugs-libreoffice-4-0-1-release-4.0.1.1.log
>
> So playing with the areas touched there also greatly appreciated - and
> validation that those bugs are really fixed.

	So - I can only encourage people to test these things; particularly the
impress remote for 4.0.1 - which should now be a Linux / Mac / Windows
feature and working reasonably well particularly on Linux + Windows.

	Another thing I'd love to see tested is the Linux build - which has an
updated baseline: it should work on systems from the RHEL5 era and
later: we should have the d-bus screensaver inhibiting code enabled in
the generic builds there too.

	Another thing to test would be the async word-count in writer: if you
load a large document, the word-count should update itself idly in the
background rather than blocking the load - at least until you select a
lot of stuff or somesuch.

	Thanks !

		Michael.