[Libreoffice-qa] Errors building MySQL-Connector

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:59:02 PST 2013

Le 24/02/13 23:31, Dan Lewis a écrit :
>      What I have been able to do using a command line:
> 1. cd ~/Downloads/LO-Build/
> 2. git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core libo

This clones (copies) the LO project's complete source code tree (from
current state of master source code version) into the libo directory in
your /Downloads/LO-Build/ directory

>      I can download the master build into this folder:
> ~/Downloads/LO-Build/ with no problems.

I don't understand what you mean here by "download the master build"

>      The rest is starting over, the things I have tried, and the errors
> messages I have received.
> 1) cd libo
> 2) /./autogen.sh //--with-ext-mysql-connector --with-system-mysql/
>      *Error*:  /running ./configure with '--with-ext-mysql-connector'
> '--with-system-mysql' '--srcdir=/home/dan/Downloads/LO-Build/libo'//
> //configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-ext-mysql-connector/

Oops, yes my bad, sorry about that, it should be
--enable-ext-mysql-connector as you found out.

> 3) /./autogen.sh //--enable-ext-mysql-connector --with-system-mysql/
>    *Error*: /checking whether to build the MySQL Connector extension... yes
> checking for MySQL prerequisites... external MySQL//

> //checking for mysql_config... no//
This is odd. If you have a mysql server installed on your build machine,
then it should be able to find the mysql_config file.

What does "locate mysql_config" return when typed from a console ?

> //checking MySQL version... ./configure: line 21476: --version: command
> not found//

This means that something has gone wrong in the configure script while
attempting to look for the locally installed mysql version ?

> //./configure: line 21477: --version: command not found//
> //./configure: line 21478: test: : integer expression expected//
> //configure: error: too old, use 5.0.x or 5.1.x//
> //Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 201./

Which means that ./configure (via autogen.sh) can not find your mysql
installation. This might be due to an error in the configure script.

>From your libo or core directory, try typing :

git pull && ./g pull

to update the source code to include the latest changes pushed to the
master branch of the git repository.

>      *Comment*:
>     /running ./configure with '--enable-ext-mysql-connector'
> '--with-system-mysql' '--srcdir=/home/dan/Downloads/LO-Build/libo'/ (So
> autogen.sh recognizes both options.)

You shouldn't need to specify the --srcdir option either.

>      MySQL version is 5.5.29. I do not know whether that has anything to
> do with the error.

No, it shoudn't make any difference.

> 4) /./autogen.sh //--enable-ext-mysql-connector
> --with-libmyaql-path=//opt/openoffice.org/basis3.4/program/libmysql.so

That is incorrect, you do not need to point to a libmysql.so (shared
object file), especially since the one you refer to is an OpenOffice.org
file.

The "--with-libmysql-path" option requires you to indicate the directory
in which your MySQL C Connector source code can be found, not any
prebuilt objects.

If you want to use this option, which shouldn't actually be necessary on
a Linux machine which already includes all the mysql-dev packages
(client and server), then your best bet is to download the MySQL
Connector C source code from the mysql website.

With regard to your configure problems, I would post your question to
the dev list, explain that you are just attempting to build the
connector for the first time, and on which OS, and show them the error
message you have indicated above. They will be more able to help you
than I ever could.

Alex