[Libreoffice-qa] Unity Integration issues?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Feb 25 17:50:11 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 09:40:50AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > - Is there currently a source for builds with Unity menu integration?

Yes, Ubuntu Raring has the build with the upstreamed Unity integration.
Packages on Ubuntu 12.10 already had the Unity integration vendor patched in.

Note that it makes no sense to backport the Unity integration to Ubuntu 12.04
LTS as the Unity side of things isnt ready for it yet there.

> 	Sure - so downloading a PPA from Ubuntu should do it nicely. I believe
> the same code also shipped with the last Ubuntu release as a back-port
> (though I'm no expert there.

Yes: Unity integration has been backported to LibreOffice 3.6 on Ubuntu 12.10.

> > - Did we miss something in testing the final rc 3? (and how can we
> > prevent this type of issue next time?)

No, its in the source and depends not only on things on the LibreOffice side,
but also on a rather modern Unity version. As such, it makes currently little
sense to enable it outside of distribution builds, which have a clear view of
the state of the rest of the system dependencywise.

Best,

Bjoern